Our social responsibility
METAL TRADE COMAX, a.s. has taken responsibility for climate change and has set a sustainability strategy to reduce the impact of our production on the environment in accordance with the European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) under the EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
A positive approach to the environment has been an integral part of our corporate strategy and policy since 2005, when we were certified according to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management system.
We have conducted a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study in compliance with ISO 14025:2006 and EN 15804:2015+A2:2019 standards, and an EPD based on data from 2021. These will be the baseline data for evaluating the impact of products on the environment when introducing new technologies or optimizing resources. The results are presented on the portal www.environdec.com.
We have committed to reducing our carbon footprint by 50% by 2035 and to becoming carbon neutral by 2050. These are our specific steps toward sustainability and carbon neutrality.
- Energy savings and green energy
- Installation of a 2.6 MWh photovoltaic system within MTC with planned expansion
- Utilization of waste heat from production for heating administrative areas, aiming for a 30% energy consumption reduction
- Replacement of lighting in the service center production hall with LED sources, leading to a 10% electrical energy saving
- Innovation, investment in production technologies
- Modernization of the painting line, including the upgrade of painting machines, reduction of paint usage, and adiabatic cooling to decrease energy demand
- Modernization of waste processing through automated sludge control and wastewater management
- Enhanced production efficiency at the service center through the modernization of longitudinal and packaging lines
- Significant reduction of technological waste through secondary processing via laser welding
- Implementation of new production lines – welding and laser in the Litovel profiling center, with efficient energy utilization
- Commencement of residential building projects for employees
- In-house medical practice facilities
- Collaboration with schools on “Human, Recycle” project for aluminium collection
- COMAX Academy – practical internship opportunities for students
- Employees are offered access to sporting and cultural events and team building activities
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, and ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
- Initiation of TISAX certification processes for key automotive customers